Easy Learning Section at Dubai National School established in 2003 for learning difficulties , providing specialist consultancy and evaluation and educational
services. The section is seeking to be a recognized pioneer in Dubai -UAE by providing quality services in evaluation and diagnoses and program designing for
students with learning disabilities. The section will publish information and practical guidance, organizes lectures and workshops, and provides advisory and
consultancy services for families and professionals concerned with the care and development of students with learning difficulties.
Easy Learning Section aims to provide children with learning disabilities with necessary skills and knowledge to enable them to abreast with the main stream
- All children have the right to be fully included members of society.
- All families should have the support and services they need to enable them to promote the well being of all family members within a happy, healthy
and secure family group.
- Providing professional education support and training for teachers.
- Raising community awareness toward learning disabilities.
- To promote in every way possible improvements in the quality of life of students with LD.
- To provide understanding support, information, resources and encouragement to students with LD and their families.
- To stimulate the interest and awareness of the community toward this problem.
- To share information and resources with other service providers, health professionals, educationalists, students, government bodies and the community.
*Students with learning disabilities mainly academic skills difficulties:
- Reading disorder: Dyslexia
- Writing disorder: Dysgraphia
- Arithmetic disorder: Dyscalculia
- Slow Learners
- Other learning difficulties such as AD ( attention disorder ), ADHD ( attention deficit hyperactive disorder ), and language delay which affect the ability
to learn ( from grade 2 -6 )
The capacity: 30-50 students from both genders.
What is the Learning Disability
Learning Disability doesnít disfigure or leave visible signs that would invite others to be understanding or offer support.
LD is a disorder that affects studentís ability to either interpret what they see and hear or to link information from different parts of the brain. These
limitations can show up in many ways; as specific difficulties with spoken and written language, coordination, self-control, or attention. Such difficulties
extend to school work and can impede learning to read or write, or to do math.
LD can be lifelong conditions that, in some cases affect many parts of personís life: school, work, family lifeÖetc. In some cases, many overlapping learning
difficulties may be apparent. Other students may have a single, isolated learning problem that has little impact on other areas of their lives.
Easy Learning Section Units
- Evaluation and Diagnoses Unit.
- Developing and designing individualized educational plans Unit.
- Teaching and Training Units.
- Family Support Unit.
- Resource Rooms( 3 )
- Speech and Language Pathology Unit.
- Psychological Analysis Unit.
Easy Learning Section Programs
- Evaluation and Diagnosis
- Developing and designing individualized educational plans
- Training and organizing workshops, lectures and seminars.
- Family support.
- Coordination and cooperation with other schools, centers, institutions for LD.
- Behavior Modification
- Speech and Language therapy.
A qualified team consists of:
- Learning Disabilities specialist
- Speech & language Pathologist.
- Teachers for Special Needs.
- The program is limited to Locals & Arabic Students only.
- A medical report should be provided as recommended from the head of the section.
- The application form should be filled and signed from the parents, the principal, and the teacher.
- IQ test is required to determine the mental age ( average and above average students will be accepted)
- A Comprehensive evaluation to determine the studentís academic level.
Click Here to download the Easy Learning Presentation